Sexual Assault Lawyer Alexandria VA
SEXUAL ASSAULT LAWYER ALEXANDRIA VA – HANDLING WITH CARE TO SECURE YOUR FUTURES
Sex assaults are highly offensive and if it turns out to be a fatal or high profile case, you could end up with a life sentence. You cannot handle the charges alone; it requires the assistance of experienced law firm. The Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. has real time experience in dealing with sex assault cases. A sexual assault lawyer Alexandria VA is necessarily required to handle convictions. Almost all physical offenses expect the defendant to register with the Sex Offender Registry of Virginia, yet there are some that does not demand these mandatory registrations. The records submitted to the Sex Offender Registry remain for the entire lifetime of the perpetrator. Serious offenses bring in severe penalties. Thus, a sexual perpetrator is bound to be represented by the best sexual assault lawyer Alexandria VA.
The confession of a victim is all that is required to confirm a charge. The lawsuits can be registered even without ensuring the genuineness in the statements made by the victim. However, the reported allegation is prosecuted and guilt/innocence is sustained only after conducting a trial. The guidance of a sexual assault lawyer Alexandria VA is crucial since the inception of the charges.
A sexual assault lawyer Alexandria VA is highly familiar with the procedures involved in the criminal prosecution of each conviction. Some of the commonly registered transgressions are explained below.
Rape is the most serious offenses. A proven rape accusation can result in numerous penalties, including life imprisonment in extreme cases. If the rapped victim is below the age of 13, the judge declares sentences with a mandatory minimum life. A mandatory minimum life is a specific period of years or months. A sexual assault lawyer Alexandria VA can place petitions for obtaining paroles for the incarcerated defendants only after the completion of the announced mandatory minimum period. The prosecuted offender should mandatorily enroll in the Crimes Against Minors Registry of the state.
If the rape was accompanied by the infliction of physical injuries, damage to properties, burglary, etc., the judges announce lifetime incarcerations for the at-fault offenders. In these cases, a sexual assault lawyer Alexandria VA can acquire bail for the imprisoned applicant only after 25 years from the date of declaration of the final judgment. All adjudged rapists should mandatorily register with the Sex Offender Registry of the state.
A sexual assault lawyer Alexandria VA is acquainted with the factors that characterize a rape. The factors include:
- The offender should have involved in indecent activity with the victim. A rape accusation is filed even when the defendant and the forcibly abused victim are married partners.
- A sexual assault lawyer Alexandria VA checks whether the reported indecent activity was committed against the consent of the victim. Declined consent is the main attribute of rape.
- A sexual assault lawyer Alexandria VA examines whether the perpetrator employed violent methods to rape the plaintiff. The transgressors commonly use force or issue threats to intimidate or weaken the concerned victim.
- A sexual assault lawyer Alexandria VA is also expected to deal with offenders, who commit indecent abuse by taking advantage of the physical incapability or mental immaturity of the victims.
- The defendant should have abused a minor, who is specifically below 13 years of age. The defendants can never claim that they were unaware of the age of the victims. Thus, a sexual assault lawyer Alexandria VA faces numerous challenges while defending this statute. A criminal can barely expect favorable outcomes in these circumstances.
A sexual assault lawyer Alexandria VA renders varied defenses to effectively contest the accusations lodged against the suspect. A conviction is deeply corroborated only during a trial. Not all allegations are genuine or valid. In several cases, the plaintiff would have wrongly criminalized the defendant for an offense that did not take place. During these circumstances, the sexual assault lawyer Alexandria VA claims that the reported act did not occur in the first place. A DNA report plays a crucial role in these cases.
On several occasions, the victim would have wrongly accused an offender of the offense that the latter was not a part of. In these situations, the sexual assault lawyer Alexandria VA argues that the considered defendant is mistaken for the actual culprit.
As discussed earlier, coercion is the ultimate basis of rape. The act was performed with the consent of both parties is not regarded as rape. An experienced sexual assault lawyer Alexandria VA can channelize this factor of consent for the benefit of the defendant. The sexual assault lawyer Alexandria VA claims that the defendant made the progress only after receiving consent from the plaintiff.
In some situations, the considered victim is reported to have been physically or mentally unstable during the scrutinized activity. In these cases, the sexual assault lawyer Alexandria VA claims that the victim was physically fit and mentally stable to apprehend or defend the reported intimate moves of the transgressor.